Swallowcliffe Fete will take place in the Old Churchyard on Saturday 2 August 2014 from 2-5 PM. The aim is to hold a village fete, open to outsiders, which will be fun for all families and help generate funds for the Church. There will be a number of stalls (cakes, tombola, produce and Aunt Sally), games, a raffle, the Tisbury fire engine, pony & trap rides, duck racing in the stream and teas in the Village Hall. We hope to have a theme based on the commemoration of the centenary of World War One (4 August 1914) with an opportunity for children to research and display the experiences of their families in the Great War in the Village Hall alongside a small display of Swallowcliffe at that time.
WORLD WAR I CENTENARY FETE SWALLOWCLIFFE – 2 AUG '14
Agreed Stalls and Volunteers/Stallholders:
WORLD WAR ONE THEME
a. David Bowden and the Swallowcliffe Society
Village Display in Village Hall
b. Yvonne Harris and Fee Carlees – Children’s WW1 displays.
c. Other displays – Erika Elderkin. David Bowden.
d. 1914 music to be played in Village Hall and Old Churchyard.
Helen – Oldest Member of the Village (TBC)
- a. Cake & Produce Stall. Sara Cooke, Val Bowden and Janet Fenton.
- b. Tombola. John and Beth Porter-Wright.
- c. Bric a Brac Stall. Jeremy Little. TBC.
- d. Coconut Shy (Bash the Bosh) Neil Wilkinson & team. (Fovant coconut shy)
- e. Splat the Rat. Nigel Cooke TBC.
- f. Duck Racing. Chris Fenton. Rupert Cooke.
- g. Raffle. Trevor Grant and Yvonne Harris.
- h. Guess the Weight of the Llama. John Edgeley
- i. Book Stall. Pat James. Mary Ellis.
- j. Ladder Game. Gerry and Susie Blundell.
- k. Treasure Map. Rex and Andy Stephenson.
- l. Ice Creams on a Bike: Jo Grant.
- m. Darts (Baron von Richtofen). Patrick Willis & team.
- n. Pony & Trap Rides. Andrew Macey.
- o. Pin the Donkey/Moustache on Kaiser. Franklin and Claire Steves
- p. Bouncy Castle. Chris and Corinna Garrett (Jumperoo)
- q. Teas in the Village Hall. Caroline Willis, Suzie Battle, Bunty Trigg and Mary Holliday. (WW1 display).
- r. St Peter’s Church. Stella Cork.
- a. Site Manager. Rex Stephenson. David Morrison.
- b. Finance/Floats/Entrance. Tim Battle.
- c. Tentage. Nigel Cooke. Patrick Willis. Neil Wilkinson.
- d. Parking and Marshals. David Morrison. Others TBC.
- e. First Aid. Yvonne Harris
- f. Signage. Rex Stephenson. David Morrison. Caroline Willis.
- g. Publicity/Marketing. Shirley Banas. Sue Bright.
- h. PA System: Nigel Cooke (2xloud hailers)
Apologies have been received from the Biddulphs, Carlesses, Arnolds, Brights, Erika Elderkin, Ewars. Most have said that they can help prior to the event.
Further Help Needed:
- We still need more helpers for car parking and to help man some stalls. Let Nigel or Rex know.
- We still need a sound system and more bunting.
- Sara Cooke will need cakes and produce for her stall.
- Yvonne Harris will need offers of raffle prizes.
- We are looking for interesting histories of your ancestors in WW1 to be produced as short historical displays for the Village Hall. We have some but need more. Have a go.
- 15 JULY 2014 7PM FETE COMMITTEE MEETING VESTRY ST PETER’S
- 22 JULY 2014 7PM ALL STALL HOLDERS’ MEETING VILLAGE HALL – PLEASE NOTE FOR YOUR DIARIES
Thank you for your help so far. Please pass the word.
Rex Stephenson 01747 870519 M: 07885477867 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigel and Sara Cooke 01747 873005 email@example.com